Sunshield is a water-borne combination of high-performance duo of elastomeric acrylics and resin additives, which produces a tough, yet flexible coating film. It combines four different ceramics that provide both heat reflectivity and heat-blocking properties. Sunshield is a flexible membrane with low permeability that can greatly reduce expansion and contraction of a roof. Sunshield’s blend of resin additives produce a flexible coating membrane that can be applied directly to any surface. It also prevents corrosion and surface deterioration. Although durable and offering solar blocking performance, Sunshield does not give the same benefits as Super Therm®.
|Product Chemistry||Acrylic & water based|
|VOC Level||21 g/L|
|Dry Time (at 70˚F)||30-60 minutes to tack free|
|Full Cure||21 days|
1. As a one-coat roofing insulation system on exteriors to block the migration of Solar Heat gain.
2. As an insulation system for the exterior of vertical walls against Solar Heat.
3. As insulation for transportation vehicles, refrigerated containers, reefer trucks, and railroad cars when applied to the exterior.
4. As a “Green” coating where a low VOC and durability is needed (21 grams/ltr).
5. As a system over metal, concrete, masonry, and wood to stop moisture penetration and corrosion.
6. Ability to resist dirt, mold, mildew, and pollution to increase longevity, and reduce surface maintenance.
7. As a topcoat over metal roofs, or an intermediate coat on flat roofs.
Sunshield can be applied to metal, concrete, masonry and wood. The application can be spray, brush or roller. For specific instructions on surface preparation, mixing and application, please refer to the SPI’s application instructions for Sunshield. This coating should never be applied at less than a total of 19 mils wet (450 microns), 10 mils dry (250 microns).
Resources & Downloads