Super Therm® is the most effective and longest lasting ceramic insulation coating on the market today (showing 10 year rechecking of roofing showing no drop in performance, even though they are dirty). It’s a ceramic-based (using 4 different ceramic compounds specifically selected to block radiation), water-borne insulating coating designed to block heat load, moisture penetration, and air infiltration over a surface – all while reducing important energy costs. Super Therm® reflects over 95% of the three radiation sources from the sun: ultraviolet, visual light and infrared rays.
Specific benefits include:
- Energy Efficient – Energy savings of 20-70% (field results as given by customers’ own testing, such as SONY).
- Insulation Equivalent Rating – Replaces 6-8 in. of traditional insulation to block initial heat load and reflect over 95% of radiation from the sun. Reduces heat load; reduces heat available to transfer.
- Blocks Moisture and Air Infiltration – Certified and tested as a moisture and air barrier under ASTM-certified testing.
- Environmentally Friendly – Certified environmentally safe and eco-effective by MBDC LLC (Gold and Silver Certificate) and approved by the USDA for use in and around food preparation areas and holding the approval letter.
- Class A Fire Rating – In case of fire, Super Therm® will resist the spread of fire and will not contribute to it. "0" flame and smoke.
- Long Lasting – 20+ year lifespan on roofing under normal conditions, when applied as a system (field study of a 21-year-old roof in Western Kansas shows a loss of thickness after 18 years of only 1.5 mils – applied 8 and current 6.5).
Super Therm® is UL-, FM-, DNV-, ABS-, IMO-, USDA-, Energy Star-, ICC-, California Home Furnishings-, U.S. Coast Guard- and CRRC-approved to meet criteria as well as USGBC-registered, certified “Green” and part of the Florida Energy Rebate Program. Super Therm® is also Energy Star-qualified as a 20-year roof coating. For more information, click here.